Friday, January 23, 2009

Tomorrow

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes in to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands, and hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
John Wayne

How do you feel about tomorrow? Do you look forward to it or do you dread it? Most of us assume that tomorrow will be a continuation of yesterday. When we wake up in the morning, we immediately start thinking about the unresolved problems of yesterday. We drag yesterday into today instead of starting the day fresh so that it can actually be different from yesterday. Our problems never really get resolved, they just keep moving into each new day as it starts. That's why there's no real changes in our lives.

So often something bad happens, and we don't learn from it because we are too busy denying it happened or finding some excuse for why it wasn't our fault. That's why we tend to repeat the same mistakes over and over. That's why it's so important to admit your mistakes and learn what you can from them, but then forgive yourself and let it go so it doesn't keep coming back to haunt you.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just wake up and say "I am going to enjoy whatever this day brings me because I am going to start fresh. I am not going to worry about what went wrong yesterday because I have learned my lesson from it, and trust that I will not make the same mistake again. I am eager to see what new lessons I will learn today." This way, we can make steady improvement each day towards making real changes in our lives.

For ideas about how to acheive true success, visit http://www.reachingmypotential.com

No comments: