Monday, November 10, 2008

Obstacles

"We are built to conquer environment, solve problems, achieve goals, and we find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquer and goals to achieve."
Maxwell Maltz

What do you really enjoy? Chances are that it's not sitting around doing nothing. Personally, I think that being bored is the single worst thing that could happen to me. I am bored when I am not doing anything, and that means I am not learning and I am not growing.

If I never have obstacles to conquer or problems to solve, then I never learn that I have the ability to conquer obstacles or solve problems, and so I become afraid of what might happen in my world. If I never acheive goals, I never learn that I can get what I want, so I become frustrated. Frustration and fear just make us miserable. We know, at some level, that we are wasting our precious lives when we are not taking action. We know that we aren't living up to our potential. We aren't getting anything accomplished, so we never get to be proud of ourselves. We never learn about who we really are, let alone about who we really want to be.

We are not meant to sit around doing nothing. The Universe is pushing us to grow to reach our full potential. We are only happy or satisfied when we are going along with that push towards growth. We must conquer obstacles and acheive goals. This is what gives our lives meaning.

For ideas about how to acheive true success, visit http://www.reachingmypotential.com

No comments: