Thursday, February 5, 2009

Begin

"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not on this earth for eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
Marie Beynon Ray

What are you waiting for? Many of us are waiting for our situations to improve before we can start enjoying life. When I get a better job, I can go on a longer vacation. When the kids have left home, I'll have more time with my husband. When I win the lottery I can buy the boat I've always wanted. When I ... I will be happier. But that's not the way life works.

First of all, whatever you're waiting for may never happen. Nothing is guaranteed to happen in the future except us getting older and that we will eventually die. We aren't on this earth for an eternity, and we don't even know how long we have. We could die tomorrow and then all that we were waiting for would never happen. The only thing we can really depend on in this life is the present moment. Now is the only time we can really act. Tomorrow and yesterday don't really exist. Only humans are even aware of them.

Take advantage of this present moment and start doing what you want to do now. You may not get the chance again tomorrow Don't put off your life. Tomorrow may be too late.

For ideas about how to acheive true success, visit http://www.reachingmypotential.com

No comments: